View Single Post
Old
04-27-2008, 06:08 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I think the Phins will go with one of the three below with tommorrow's 1st pick in the 3rd round(64th overall):

WR Mario Manningham - Michigan --- Trifecta getting 3 players from Michigan and getting someone who can help make Henne's transition a little easier because he has played with him for a couple years. He had 7 games last year in which he had 100+ yards receiving and 4 of those games he had 2 TD's. All those games but 1 were QB'd by Henne.

or

SS Dajuan Morgan - North Carolina State --- This might be the pick if they want the best player available. This guy was projected to possibly go late in the 1st.

or

Trade down a couple of spots for an extra pick and still take WR Manningham or if he's not there take WR Doucet out of LSU.
The trifecta (or whatever you want to call them) value character and there's a big question mark about Manningham with the pot smoking & the lying. Not to mention his speed isnt good and I think thats an issue too. I'm sure they'll pass on him.

Not sure where you got your info from but Morgan was not projected as a late 1st ever. He was always behind Kenny Phillips and Tyrell Johnson. And why would Miami want to take him when there are several players ranked higher too? Morgan is not the best player available.

Trading down would make the most sense and possibly the one thing that will happen because some team will want this pick. But if they keep it I could see them looking at DT Pat Sims out of Auburn (prob could wait till the 4th), WR Andre Caldwell from UF (his speed & size would be perfect), or OL John Greco out of Toledo (this is my pick as it solidifies the line and they like him a lot).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
I'm hoping we can grab Kevin Smith tomorrow. Dan Connor would be a great pick-up too but it seems less likely after the Dallas deal.
Connor I liked too till I read more up on him. His speed isn't great and he's projected to be a strong side linebacker at the NFL level. At this point, Miami has other needs to fill. Smith would be a good pick if they're worried about Ricky but there are other RBs that possibly could be a better fit for the new regime I think. I have a belief that they'll wait till later in the draft to get a RB, especially after trading Booker yesterday.

BTW, finally my alma mater gets a guy in the 1st round again, RB Chris Johnson. I like him going to Tennessee and can't wait for the Jags vs Titans game in Jacksonville this yr cause I'm going to see Garrard and him play.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote