View Single Post
Old
05-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Wild Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
Gabby has already scored 30 a few times...without any linemates who could put the puck in the ocean! If he were put on a line with someone quick and shifty like him, he should easily get 33 or 34.
I think this is the year DR has to consider bringing someone in to make plays on Gabby's line. Someone who is proven. Someone who has played with players like Gaborik. Someone who has, dare I say, 1st line potential. Someone who isn't just a reclamation project, but someone who will impact Marian's play. Wes Walz is nice, but really nothing more than a top notch checking center IMO. PMB can't handle going up agains't top d pairings. Burns has the size, but that's it, for now. Who knows about O'Sully or Mikko...I like the idea of what they could do for Marian, but they are still too young or unproven at this stage.

It may seem like a tall order, but with all the cost cutting this, and CBA that, I have a feeling there will be some good, proven talent available. We have the money and potential cap space...now is the time to use it.

A good FA could = 35-40 goals for Gabby IMO.