View Single Post
Old
04-28-2008, 12:17 AM
Kikizaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montral Shadow View Post
I was thinking, what Montreal needs to be a legit top franchise in the league. So far, there is a young promising goalie(Hope he doesn't end up like Raycroft or Ward), a lot of young promising forwards. The only thing that bothers me is the Defence. I still think it's not solid enough, it really misses something. We saw Montreal doesn't need a big forward such as Hossa(Or am I wrong) but I think they need a solid Defenceman.

Markov, Hamrlik, Komisarek are the only ones I consider good D. O'Byrne and Gorges are still very young and they'll take some time to developp(Especially O'Byrne)

I really think the problem is not on the offense but on the denfense. What do you think Montreal needs to really solidify is place at the top of the Eastern Conference?

if we are to be one of the legit top teams in the league (like san jose and Detroit), we need one more Dman. Someone like Ohlund, a solid (read: big and quick) puck moving D or Sami Salo,although Salo is a great pp guy and we don't really need that. We also need to get rid of the players like Dandy and Boullion, they just don't make decisions at an NHL level, Dandy just isn't good and Boullion ices the puck about 7 times per shift (hyperbole but whatever).

if our top 4 were
Markov Komisarek
Hamrlik Ohlund (he is cheap too)

we would be in good shape to repeat as cup champs next year

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote