View Single Post
Old
04-28-2008, 05:58 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
I'm not sure. Entry level contracts are usually I think 3 years but i don't know if that is a requirement in the CBA or teams just happen to sign players to 3 year contracts because its the maximum number of years allowed for an entry level contract

Edit: I don't think it would be in his best interest to sign a one year contract. Having said that i don't know that teams would sign a 3 year contract unless there was a way out if need be. I guess you never know. Although he is sort of a UFA (with limitations) if he signed a one year contract he would probably be the property of the team now and wouldn't be able to go to another team the following season should things not work out (unless they decided not to retain their rights which would make him a UFA. I theory that would not be an entry level contract anymore so i would assume there would be no salary limitations...

Some speculation in here along with things I've heard mentioned before
Well from what I know, 3 years is for drafted prospect of X age, it is then reduced to 2 years (Korneev-Emelin) as they age up. But I didnt think it applied to undrafted players. They will need to change that asap, it's a serious competition disadvantage against the new RSL. UFA status should be "international" and undrafted after the age limit should mean automatic UFA status.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote