View Single Post
Old
04-28-2008, 08:47 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
"LOLZ"...?

What kind of reasoning is that...? A "lure" at 4 million a season? By the way, he would have to get paid around 5.5-6 million here to get the same money netto (due to the huge difference in taxes).
Ultimately, hockey is his job. Assuming Gainey offers him 4-4.5 million a season in MTL, a million a year is a pretty big difference.
And what's that about "building a career"...??? Not every player's idea of fame and money and good career is the NHL.

And the health reasons..? Dude, with that kind of money, Russian health care is top notch... It's Russia, not some god-forsaken country in the dark ages...

I'm not saying Andrei will leave, I very much doubt it, but it won't be cos of that ridiculous line of reasoning...
2) Let me explain the lure thing, 4m, good payday, it's fine, really. Problem: it's not gonna grow over time like in the NHL(if he stays in the RSL that is) That why, to me, it's a lure. Theres also the Kazan vs Montreal lifestyle issue.

3) Russian health care, thats why he was misdiagnosed when he was 18, with little treatment? Or is it just the way you treat people in Russia? Money wasnt a problem either. (or shouldn't have been.)
It's the first time in his life that hes on a correct treatment and healthy.

Last edited by SOLR: 04-28-2008 at 08:55 AM.
SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote