View Single Post
Old
04-28-2008, 11:39 PM
no1b4me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
I think it was a cross check not a kick, but it was dirty either way.

But look around the league; once you get a repuatation carved out as a certain type of player you be rewarded / undeserving of certain calls, you think a ref will call the same penalty of Joe Sakic that he'll call on Steve Downie or Jordin Tootoo or Derek Roy?

Downie could have possibly been suspended for that face wash in that situation, not that Im saying he should have, infact if he had done it, most likely, nothing would have happened. But thats you get for running around and playing the type of game he does. You can't have it both ways.

Kostitsyn is not a dirty player, can I say the same thing about Downie? you decide.
You missed it then. "after" the hit when Kimmo was on laying on the ice he kicked him right in the back plain as day on cbc.

Thats the problem with reffing in general in the nhl. They put the whistle away, they take it out, etc. They make different calls on different players even if it's the exact same hit, cross-check or what have you. It's shouldn't matter if it's Sakic or Downie.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote