View Single Post
Old
05-19-2004, 01:10 AM
themaninorange

vCash: 500
hello people...
been readin this board for a while...finally gonna start tryin to put up some of my thoughts...

in my opinion, in terms of fa's i think conroy should be the number 1 priority...i love the way he plays the game and grabbing him would give us a chance to play holik in a checking role, thereby making him actually somewhat useful.
getting o'sullivan and/or a first rounder from tampa or edmonton would be awesome, but i don't see lindros or poti/dunham's trade value being that high...i could see as us having a legitimate shot at getting laaksonen (i thought i read somewhere that he was a ufa? i might be imagining that). i think he would be a nice fit for us...

for the draft, although i think ladd will be a nice player, i would PREFER to go after olesz/schremp/radulov. olesz could be gone, but schremp and radulov should be there. i am usually not a fan of drafting players solely on their offensive abilities, but given the state of our system i feel like we need a sniper...schremp scares me because i've talked to someone who used to coach him and i was told he's a complete head case...regardless, as much as i like everything i've heard about ladd (even though he's not my first choice, that's one hell of a consolation prize), i'd prefer to go for a guy with a little higher top-end offensive potential at the 6 pick and then see what our tradeup options are with toronto's...

oh yeah almost forgot, definitely bring barnaby back if he's willing to come...100% effort every night and will hopefully prevent guys like ballej from getting their head handed to them on a silver platter every night...