View Single Post
Old
04-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Nitehowl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticFlyerFan View Post
You missed it then. "after" the hit when Kimmo was on laying on the ice he kicked him right in the back plain as day on cbc.

Thats the problem with reffing in general in the nhl. They put the whistle away, they take it out, etc. They make different calls on different players even if it's the exact same hit, cross-check or what have you. It's shouldn't matter if it's Sakic or Downie.
I seen him trying to get his feet free from the Flyer holding him but he could have made a kicking motion while he was trying to get loose. I am not a looking thru orange colored glasses like one of the posters who sees nothing wrong with the Hatcher hit.

In years past we have had players that have crossed the line ( Lemieux/Chelios) but have never had a dirty reputation like the Flyers carry. No team in the NHL is as dirty with cheapshots as Philly.Teams like Boston / Anaheim /NJ have played tough hockey all the time . I guess as long as Clarke/Holmgren run that team they will always carry a couple goons and play dirty.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote