View Single Post
Old
05-19-2004, 02:35 AM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Some people never learn that enough is enough with the free agents. Conroy is almost 33 years old and scored a whopping 8 goals in 63 games this season and you want him to center our 1st line? And why the hell do we need Mike Green when we got much better options in Wiseman, Hollweg, Helminen and Moore.
Well, my not-so-humble friend, If you want to base everything on numbers, you're lost. Conroy is an excellent all around player. Great leadership, 2-way forward, excellent faceoff man, and good offensive skill despite your "8 goal" denunciation. Out of genuine curiosity, have you ever seen him play?

Whether you like it or not, we will need to get a UFA with Mess and LLindros on the outs. -- By the way, I was wrong, you can't trade Lindros... maya copa

Other than that - Wiseman... I like him, but he hasn't done **** so far... Hollweg - really doubt it, just like the last 3 years... Helminen? Moore? They are nowhce!ere NEAR ready for the NHL, and you're kidding yourself if you think they are... so Green seems the best fit. But it's up to you, GM. :

See how I have Poti/Lindros/Dunham going either for picks or prospects? That's 'cause it's realistic. They may not be doing well for us, but they're all proven, high-profile NHLers. Prospects and picks are not nearly as safe.

I know Hlavac is making people impatient, but you have to admit, he was playing a decent game... pucks just haven't gone in for him, ala Gravey in '01 and Kovalev this season. He's fast and he has a great shot. Give him another chance

Last edited by BobMarleyNYR: 05-19-2004 at 02:42 AM.