View Single Post
Old
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
dutchy29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Since winning the Cup in 1993, the Habs have played more than one round of playoffs only 4 times, in 1998, 2002, 2004 and 2008. Before this year, each time, after a valiant effort in the first round, we rolled over and died in the second round.

I still remember our brilliant victory against the mighty Penguins in 1998 where Vladimir Malahov put Jaromir Yagr in his hip pocket but the Habs disappeared in the next round, losing in 4 straight games to the Sabres with Dominic Hasek in goal. Our defeats in 2002 and 2004 are still fresh in our memory.

Will we see another disappearing act in the Conference semi-finals again this year? We shall see tomorrow night. If we lose again tomorrow night, we'll be down 1-3 and we'll have 2 wins and 5 losses in our last 7 playoff games which is pretty dismal.

Some will say we've been outplaying and outshooting our opponents but lady luck hasn't been on our side. I'm not so sure about that. The Flyers, as it was also the case with the Bruins have little offense and slow defensemen but they both play the intimidation game. Against their opponents' PP they keep a tight box in front of their goalie and they pounce themselves on any rebound.

The Habs have been outshooting them badly but a lot of their shots on goal have been from the perimeter and they have also hit the posts or shot wide when looking at wide open nets and those don't even count as shots on goal.

If we lose the next one, it'll be all over and, once again, we'll be able to say "déja vu all over again".
I don't know if the Habs have ever rolled over and died but I can tell by your personality that you have plenty. Win or lose next game we will be in this series, because we are a well matched team vs. Philly. A little momentum can go a long way.
I predict we will start that momentum with the first goal of the game, Game 4.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote