View Single Post
Old
04-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Banger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Are you guys watching the same series I am? Three games in the Habs have been clearly the better team, massively dominating puck possession and scoring chances. The Flyers aren't that big, aren't that intimidating and aren't that good frankly- I'd rate them last among the 8 teams still in the playoffs and expect them to get trounced if they actually manage to move on.

To their credit, the Flyers are extremely well coached, have very good chemistry and team identity. They're opportunistic scorers who play a game right on the edge of the rules. They are especially good at taking advantage of a chance to hit and they go for the head pretty much whenever they can, but they're still nothing compared to Flyers teams of the past.

Switch the goalies so far and Habs are up 3-0 on blowouts IMO. 14 SOG in a home playoff game is simply pathetic. I suspect the Flyers know how lucky they are to be up in this series.
You can't make a true determination on how good/bad the Flyers are because they haven't been behind for 1 minute this series. The Flyers will play a bend don't break defense and if they aren't behind there's no reason for them to take chances, send two in on the forecheck, etc. If they are up 2 goals they are perfectly happy to dump it deep and make the Habs try and navigate through a clogged neutral zone and get chances off turnovers. The Habs on the other hand are behind the whole series so of course they are going to play with a greater sense of urgency.

Banger is online now   Reply With Quote