View Single Post
Old
04-29-2008, 02:10 PM
habfan4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Money? Fame? Women?

I am not saying that if you are European, that automatically keeps you from winning the Cup but that the incentive is less since their focus since childhood is more the Olympic Gold and not Stanely Cup.

Even then, everything has to be considered on an individual to individual basis.

And up to this point, (and of course that can change...and that's what I'm hoping for here) on individual basis, the Belarussians brothers and Plekanec have not shown any reason for me to believe that they want to win the Cup more than Olympic gold.
I still don't see anything but your self generated supposition that suggests Europeans have less focus on winning the Stanley Cup. Anyone who plays in the NHL knows that's the ultimate goal.

Plekanec has 10 pts in 16 playoffs games. SK has 8pts and Andrei has 6 pts in their first 10 games of playoff exposure. Can they play better? Absolutely. Are they unmitigated disasters - No. Why no mention of Latendresse or Higgins or Ryder - all North American born and raised and arguably having much less success.