View Single Post
Old
04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
HotPie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's not their fault really. Im pretty sure they're getting the order of shooting the puck in. The problem is, when they do all the players are more in a standing position rather than already skating. So the Flyers get to the puck quicker. Also Biron stops the puck a lot which helps his defenders a lot too.

The Habs are forced to dump and chase when all their players are about controling the puck. So it obviously makes a weaker PP.
Because their PP has struggled, when they do settle down, they'll take bad decisions because they want it to work so well, they stress and make mistakes.
Doesn't that come down to the players fault though? Call it lack of confidence, call it stress, they're simply not executing. How many clear breakaways have we missed? How many open nets have we flubbed upon? Those posts wouldn't even matter if our players were executing, but for whatever reason they're not.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to be realistic. Are the Flyers getting all the right bounces? Yes. I am super worried? Not yet. I think we can still win this series in 6.

Fact is though, if we were getting quality goaltending and our players were executing properly, we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bottom line is: Flyers are BURYING THEIR CHANCES...we are not. They are getting quality goaltending, we are not.

You can only blame luck and bad bounces so far.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote