View Single Post
Old
04-29-2008, 06:12 PM
couris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
I'm sort of split on this one...

on the one hand, I COMPLETELY agree that he, individually, deserves a little slack. He's 20 years old, and already playing at an incredibly high level. Being so young, he's obvioulsy got some learning to do, and it would be foolish for anyone to not expect some growing pains.

on the other hand, this is the professional sports business. Gainey made the (i still say wrong) decision to trade away the veteran guy at the position and go with the rookie. You can talk until your blue in the face about how good this team "will be", but in the end, the only results that matter are wins, now (as Beakermania put it so bang on in another thread, I'd take no playoffs next year for a stanley cut any day of the week!), and rookie or not, IF he is not playing up to the level needed for the team to win, then he's a fair target for criticism, be he 20 years old, 25, 30 or 42...

personally, I don't even think he's been particularly bad this series. The only real bad game he's had, imo, was game 5 in Boston, otherwise he's just been mostly unlucky in the losses we've had. So I'm not very critical of his performance...
but if some people think he has been below expectations for the position, then it's certainly fair for them to be critical (though I'd argue with them that Gainey's to blame, not Price).
......What do we do next year if Huet already said that he's not resigning?

couris is offline   Reply With Quote