View Single Post
Old
05-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Suffice it to say that I have seen more than my share of all manners of hockey (international to college to minors). I have seen a good amount of prospects play. I have not seen then ALL play. Have you? However, between what I have seen and what I have read and what I have "heard" from various insiders, I can make a pretty good educated guess. Like you, I can sit here and type that I have seen every game that Falarduea has played. No one really knows if it is the truth or if you are just talking out of your a$$. But we tend to believe in good faith around here.
If you are commenting becuase you believe that Stafford is a worthy pick at # 6, I have to question if you really believe that or if you are just trying to start arguments. I lean towards the latter. Picking him at #6 is sheer folly.
i never said i saw falardeu play every game. i said i saw him play 6 or 7 times and came away more than impressed by what i saw. from what i read stafford is a mid first round pick. i think its more likely will not use there 6th pick on stafford but may use the toronto pick on him or entertain the thoughts of trading up from 24 for him. i wouldn't dismiss the kid because sather has a connection with his uncle and father. only a shortsighted person that gives sather no credit for rebuilding a barren farm system would do that.