View Single Post
Old
04-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Maximus

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusqu au Bout View Post
Thanks for the support Maximus. Im not a fan of Avery neither, but ure right by saying that if u have him you love him if you dont you hate him. That being said i wish him the best and a full recovery, he might not be my favorite on the ice, but no one should wish anything bad to anyone off the ice.

I also wish things turned down differently with the Pens, after the hossa fiasco i cant help but hate the pens, I hope you guys somehow pull a miracle.

Best of luck !

Not a problem. You know I gotta say this. Even being down 3 Zip to the Pens, I don't hate them. Even with Cindy diving all over the place, I don't hate them. IMO, its really hard to hate the Penguins. There are no real goons on their team. Yeah Ruutu can be a pest(sort of a Sean Avery lite) but he doesn't even bother me. Larouque, their resident enforcer, he's not a goon at all...he plays tough. So they really are hard to dislike.

Pens are just a great team that have players with mad skills....that's all there is too it. In a way they sort of remind me of your Canadians another team that is hard to dislike....Habs have lots of skill guys...no real super duper star like Pens do though Kovalev is as skilled as anyone, no goon at all that I can see. Heck I don't even think Habs have an enforcer and they have a goalie who is very easy to root for even if your not a Canadian fan.

So if Rangers can't make it to ECF, I think a Habs/Pens final would be very entertaining and good for hockey. That all being said, I can see why some Canadian fans might have a bit of distaste for Pens over the Hossa thing but hatred?...ummm...hardly?

Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote