View Single Post
Old
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Chomsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
In the playoffs, you need those gritty snipers who doesn't fear to pay the price to score the ugly goal. That strange concept was once again proven yesterday when our 2 goals were scored while being in front of the net...
You mean Ryder?

I totally agree, and this is why I believe in the chances of Pacioretty to make the team as soon as next year. We desperaly need more players willing to pay the price, and less perimeter players. It is so frustrating to see our guys just cycling the puck and shooting from the point when noone is even screening the goalie or is standing in the slot. The only players willing to do that (and this is sporadically) are Andrei Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Koivu (on the PP), and it pretty much ends there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
I disagree on the depth issue. On the centre issue, Koivu has been the series best most courageous and most effective player not sure why that position is being centred out.

Montreal is winning in every part of the rink except in front of the net. Gainey and Carbonneau need to take the Lions of Winter to the Land of Oz and get them some courage.

Letting the goalie see the puck and doing flamingo impressions is making Biron look spectacular.
Great post, totally agree here. It pisses me off how easy Biron's job is right now. His defence and our offence are making him look like Martin Brodeur, while you clearly see that he can't control his rebounds for ****.

At this point, I'd definately demote higgins and put latendresse on the first instead, or reunite the old kovalev line, and put lats with koivu. At least Carbo can get Latendresse to ****ing park his ass in front of the net at all time.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote