Old
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Philly.

I mentioned before Montreal has too much skill, and not enough grit.

It's a great regular season formula, but doesn't translate into the more grueling playoffs as well. With your skill players up front however, you should be able to move some of them in the offseason and get bigger in your top 6.

Lats just doesn't seem to have it, and outside of him you don't really have any offensive power forwards do you? I know there's MP in the pipeline, but how far away is he, and what kind of upside are you looking at?

My question; is that Montreal's style? As far back as I can remember they've mostly been about the speed and skill game. Can anyone honestly see them move out skill and speed for skill and grit?
In the best days of the 70s, Habs had guys that had skills, that could get their nose dirty and could drop the gloves. And I remember when they won the cup in 86 they had vicious guys like Chelios and Corson. You had pests like Claude Lemieux, fighters like Chris Nilan and others that could play physical like Skrudland, McPhee, etc...

I think Bob and Carbo forgot about this element of when they had teams that could do it all when they build this current group.

On the last game of the season they brought this kid Gregory Stewart who showed more fire than most of the rest of the guys on this roster and he played zip in physical series against Boston and Philly. It doesn't make any sens. Carbo keeps playing that cowardly lion angle "we will beat them on the powerplays" and it doesn't work like that in the playoffs. Powerplays won't win you cups. Who has the most the warrior spirit will win you cups.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote