View Single Post
Old
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Slick Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
From fans perspective what do you want to see more.

a) J Bo signed to a long term (5-8 years) contract worth around 6.5-7 million per year
b) An offer sheet and four 1st rounders in compensation
c) A trade where you land a #1 dman, young but still a veteran and a couple impact roster players

Im an Edmonton fan and it's no secret we want to do a Pitkanen+ for J Bo but it's not going to happen unless FLA wants it. In Edmonton we have not been good since the 06 run and in Edmonton you can't go into multi year stretches with no playoffs because you get fired and the city goes nuts. So if I was in the position you were in I would first want to sign J Bo to a long contract but if not I would want to bring in a replacement and then some extras.

Thoughts?
I have said many times that edmonton is the logical trade partner but you would be crazy to think, unless keenan takes control of the team, that we would trade Bouw for Pitkannen. In any kind of trade for a potential norris trophy winner, you would have to start with Hemsky, maybe Pitkannen, but probably Gilbert instead, and Stoll. you would get Bouw and two other less impact players. If you want a number one d man you can't expect not to give up Hemsky. That's like us asking for Hemsky and offering Olesz, who is right now a solid third or second line player but not Hemsky.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote