View Single Post
Old
05-01-2008, 07:34 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
I want to see that Higgins in game 5
Gainey's dfirst year, he played alongside Lemaire and Cournoyer for the most part. They didn't have a pure checking line. So what they had was a hard skating rookie who would go up and down, finsih every check, but didn't have the creativity to move the puck to his linemates or the experience to read their plays. He scored 8-10 goals, maybe 25 points. hf would've slaughtered Bowman for this stone handed plug going up and down, wasting his 2 linemates.

Higgins, imo, is a wasted asset with Kovy, he has no opportunity to speed thru the neutral zone.

I forget the thread, it was about the game 60 point, I knew something was missing in Higgins game and I couldn't define it. Mike 8 had an excellent post, criticizing Higgins play away from the puck. I appreciatred the post because it verbalized what I was seeing but wasn't defining. Oddly, Higgins game changed around that point and he finished the year strongly.

I believe that if they tinker a bit, they'll get more out of him. Put guys in position to succeed. Unless of course, they really don't want to re-unite Plekanec/Kovalev.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote