View Single Post
Old
05-02-2008, 03:49 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Brisebois has been suprisingly... "serviceable"... for the most part this year. An adequate #7-8 guy who can step in and sometimes play well enough to merit top-4 minutes and other times make you wish he was in the pressbox. There's nothing wrong per se with having that depth element on your roster, so long as it's not at a salary which makes it too much of a luxury. I think a $1.4M cap hit is too much for that. And I think we're in some trouble if we still have a use for him next year. Surely we can find somebody better/cheaper in that spot than Brisebois. (Including some of our current players like O'Byrne).

So I think it's fair enough to say he was worth having this year, but it's also fair to fervently hope that he's not back again next year.
bang on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean004 View Post
IF he was willing, and Montreal wanted him to take on this role, would you accept Brisebois as the new assistant coach for our defencemans?

You have:

- Brisebois - D Coach

are you serious? Do you really want to have our talented youg D-men getting taught how to be NHL defensemen by Patrice Breez-by???

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote