View Single Post
Old
05-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Turbo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hate View Post
No, I'm arguing the "Habs have been outplaying them." They're completely beatable, but the reason you perceive the Habs as outplaying them is not why they're beatable. Get the first goal on them. Hell, get the first two, you'll see.
But it's not like the Flyers were pressing even before they had the 2 goal leads. They've hardly been able to control the play at all except for a few shifts here and there - even when the games were 0-0. And they've been giving a hell of a lot of scoring chances during that time - including the 1st periods of the last 2 games.

It's a strategy, but it seems more like "playing with fire" to me. Hey, it's been working, but will it continue? The victories have all been squeaked in. You can't expect to give that many opportunities to an offensively gifted team like the Habs and think it will always work.

The reason for their success so far: Biron. Kudos to him, he's been phenomenal.

But if he doesn't keep it up, your guys will look the same as they did during the regular season against the Habs.

The biggest thing going against the Habs right now in my opinion is their youth and inexperience - but they've continuously stepped up and won games after being counted out all season. The playoffs are another thing altogether though.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote