Thread: Schremp
View Single Post
Old
05-20-2004, 01:43 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
Personally I wouldn't. I think the skills are getting a little overrated {aka Dan Cleary} and I have concerns about his buying into a system which is EVERYTHING in today's NHL.

Now it also depends on if I end up getting another top 6 pick. If I land Olesz before hand {I think he is a better RW} than I might be inclinded to gamble on Schremp, but personally I'd take 8-14 and hope that despite all of his skill he spreads out as a player.

People keep looking back to O'Sullivan last year and they forget two things. First, it was a totally different situation. Concerns didn't revolve around Patrick's ability to play so much as his ability to overcome his father. Secondly, O'Sullivan still has to show he can handle the NHL level. No one doubts he can play at the OHL level.

Having said that, Schremp is a tough pill to swallow for a team that took Jessiman last year and is just getting over an era of players who have tons of skill but can't play into a system. I find it funny how everyone complains about that when a guy is in his late 20's but it doesn't matter if it's a draft pick because he's "new and shiney"