Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
well

first roger nielson just went ugh

it is not new.

First, you will need to understand basic concepts of hockey, style of hockey that the coach employes, understand basic physical movements of players on the ice and lots and lots of other things-- it is not just watching games on the TV--it is also review your teams practICES
Maybe my intentions weren't clear. I'm not looking to be involved in player evaluations in any way whatsoever. What I am curious to find out is, are teams that are leaning towards scouting via video as opposed to watching live looking for people to travel around collecting video of prospective players. Specifically in markets where games aren't televised. Is it advantagous to scout video where key players are isolated and the focus is on players of interest? Is this something that's already taking place and how would someone go about getting involved. Could you collect video of prospects and sell the tape to several teams interested as a contractor?

Again a willingness to travel, camera equipment and an ability to follow the play should really be all that's needed for what I'm refering to. If anyone has any information or ideas where I can find resources to help me along it would be much appreciated.