View Single Post
Old
05-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Was at a NYR/TOR game up in Toronto a few years ago. Bure scored the winner with less than a minute remaining on a breakaway

There were 6 of us and I can swear that we were the ONLY ones heard in the building.

We were given the evil eye by more than a few, but the immediate fans around us made us feel welcome and while there was trash talking both ways, it was in fun and all good natured.

When we got out of the building, obviously we were very vocal, but again, all in good fun and we were approached by a group of about 5-6 Leafs fans and while we thought something was going to go down, again nothing so it was cool.

My experience in Toronto would not suggest that they are an arena full of idiots like the Island and the Swamp and down in Filthadelphia, but I've been there just that one time so it's just a small sampling.

just my .2
Toronto fans are great. Most fans are. Rangers fans are a different breed however.

New york is a place like no other, so naturally the fans are as well to.

Honestly if you get in a fight over words at a hockey game, then thats just stupid. When people start throwing beer and stuff, its a different story.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote