View Single Post
Old
05-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Gilles Tremblay

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMailloux View Post

Alright Carbo did not make a terrible job, he's not that bad, we did great progress but during the playoff, we got outcoatched really bad... We gotta work on that next year, of course carbo, muller are rookie, they will learn.
Carbo looked genuinely shocked after Philly's 5 goal. It's understandable, but I would like a coach who is a little more removed from the team's emotional ups and downs. Despite his formidable NHL player experience, I'm not fully convinced he's proficient enough in either hockeys tactics OR athlete psychology to ever be an excellent coach.

I agree the ball is in Bob's camp now. I believe he needs to be as bold as he can for next year. If he plays his cards wrong, the Habs could return to mediocrity or middle-tier very rapidly.

I'm afraid goaltending will be an issue next year as well. I believe the coaching staff's priority will be to help Carey have fun at his game and bounce back and stay concentrated in the game after bad goals. He's 20 years old, and he needs a mentor in the room.

Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote