View Single Post
Old
05-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I thought he played well aginst the B's, as Markov seemed kind of immobile, and he had a lousy game last night. I don't see it as a pattern though.
For the money Hamrlik is being paid, you would have expected a very dominant figure on the blueline. Someone who showed up when the big game was here, or when it mattered.

Can you really remember anything Hamrlik did in the playoffs? He never controlled the PP at any point and he was really weak on the PK. He turned the puck over in the defensive zone more than anyone.

He never generated any offense which is what you would expect from a player in this price range. I mean, Brisebois had a better performance that both Markov and Hamrlik... thats frightening.

13 million dollars for 7 points on our blueline? Yikes... its not like Hamrlik is a rookie and he'll learn from this years playoff adventure. He's a veteran that was expected to help a great deal, yet he ends up a -3.

I have no real issues with the defense, or the rest of the team. Live and learn... we are a young team etc.. but the performance of some of the veterans on this team is cause for concern for BG.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote