Old
05-04-2008, 01:22 PM
24Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafontaine View Post

Higgins - Koivu - S. Kostitsyn
Kovalev - Plekanecs - A. Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Chipchura/Grabovski - (Nolan/Avery/etc?)
Kostopolous - Lappierre - Begin

(Dandenault - Chipchura/Grabovski - Stewart)

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - (Campbell/Norstrom/Redden/etc?)
Gorges - Bouillon

(Brisebois? - O'Bryne)

Price
(Halak)
Gainey is going to have an interesting summer but I expect AKost will sign (although close to Penner money as has been surmised above) and Streit is going to pose a dilemma. I'd like to see Gainey sign him. He has improved consistently since he's been with us and has played in all kinds of situations, so he may not have topped out yet even given his age. Ideally Gainey will find a way to rid the roster of Dandenault and Begin. They might yield mild interest but I don't think they are in the future for the Habs. Neither is Brisebois. Please Mr. Gainey, avoid at all costs the Patrice puppy eyes and "I'll play for the minimum" and take a pass on this one.

I also think that a mid-level UFA will be in the cards. I think Redden would be great with Hamrlik. We could also use a true physical third line shut-down center (hello Bobby Holik). Chipchura can center an energy, eat up quality minutes, fourth line.

What I'd like to see:

Kovalev - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
Higgins - Koivu - S. Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Holik - Grabovski/Rookie
Kostopolous - Chipchura - Steit

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Redden
Gorges - Bouillon

Obviously there are spots (roster and press box) available for O'Byrne (trade bait?) and the others I'm willing to cut loose if UFAs can't be signed or said players can't be moved.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote