View Single Post
Old
05-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Mr BLUEandWHITE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
1 pound of muscle burns about 50 cal at rest. Gain 10 pounds of muscle, you increase your metabolic rate by 500 calories per day just when you're sitting around. Of course you can just as easily reverse that, lose 10 pounds of muscle, you lose 500 cal/day at rest.

In short, muscle burns calories at rest, fat doesn't.
That is really cool I didn't know that. Do you know what it takes to gain a pound of muscle? And I used to work out quite a bit would it be easier for me to gain some of my previous muscle back? opposed to someone who has not worked out before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammitch View Post
They are a very good source or protein and other vitamins, but they also contain ALOT of calories.
Yes, sorry this is also true. A handful shouldn't hurt any if you eat healthy and stay active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Cool, thanks for the good info. Just a question though, why do you say stay away from microwaves?
I read briefly in a book about how dangerous microwaves were and I haven't used one in probably almost a year. I found this very interesting article which gives a lot more in depth information on how dangerous microwaves can be to human health.

http://www.mercola.com/article/microwave/hazards.htm

Quote:
One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables. Eight volunteers ate various combinations of the same foods cooked different ways.

All foods that were processed through the microwave ovens caused changes in the blood of the volunteers. Hemoglobin levels decreased and over all white cell levels and cholesterol levels increased. Lymphocytes decreased.

Mr BLUEandWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote