View Single Post
Old
05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Hey, I want to strengthen the Habs, not win a popularity contest. Having someone who's a borderline healthy scratch is not the way to go. The 2 top lines are set and Lats plays with Lapierre and Streit, the most unproductive and poorest defensive unit. I can imagine Max Pacioretty as a better fit and certainly as better in the tough grind of a playoff series.
It took Bertuzzi 5years to crack the 25G mark and 7 to get 1pt/game ratio..
Powerfoward take a lot more time to develop, especially in our new league where speed is extremely important. Lats will hopefully work on his skating during the off season, and keep working his improved Defensive play. If he does that, he'll get top6 minutes.

If you're gonna keep Latendresse with Lapierre and Streit, then obviously he's as useless as one can be.
Latendresse did net 16G this season, this when he's being scratched every now and then, being bumped from line to line, and not getting PP time.
Latendresse will become a very big part of our team, i would be really disappointed if Gainey was to trade him. But i know he wouldn't dare to trade him.

As off next year, lines will be changed. Im pretty sure the Kost Broz will be matched together, I see Higgins very possibly dropping down to 3rd line to play with Chipchura as a great 3rd line 2way duo, and Latendresse playing with Koivu.

If you give Lats, top 6minutes on the same line for the whole season, on top of PP minutes, I guarantee you he'll crack the 25 or at least 20G mark.

As stupid as it may sound, the sole fact that Gainey traded for his brother is proof enough that Lats isn't going anywhere for the time being.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote