View Single Post
Old
05-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Ribeiro for Niinima. Ooops. Sergei Samsonov. Ooops

Don't place BG on a plateau and worship him, he makes mistakes as well. I think he'll be able to live with the Huet trade, so that makes it a little more liveable.

90% of the people here are just repeating exactly what the TSN analysts said about the Huet trade and aren't offering any of their own thoughts.

"By trading Huet, it allows Price to emerge as the number one!"

Yeah, thats all fine and dandy... but its risky. Don't tell us we wouldn't have been better with Huet/Price as a tandem going into the playoffs.

The late second round pick we received is a gamble, a gamble that more often than not fails when it comes to draft picks.

So, in the end.. you'll never convince those that believe it was a bad trade and we'll never convince those that worship BG and every single move he makes.

I love Price, glad he's here and part of the future. I don't think a 20 year old should be thrown into a scenario like this playoff year, without a veteran backing him up.

This debate will probably never die.
I meant he hasn't been wrong in the way we've dealt with Price....
ie
1) I don't think it was wrong to start him in NHL exhibition games at 18 immediately after the draft.
2) I don't think it was wrong to put him in net for Hamilton last year's playoffs
3) I don't think it was wrong to leave him in Montreal in October
4) I don't think it was wrong to send him down in January
5) I don't think it was wrong to call him back up.

Now I'm saying that the Huet trade, and this playoff experience isn't wrong either... I think we will see in the future that it benefits him.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote