View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 03:57 AM
axman88

vCash: 500
I don't know if you guys realized but this philly series showed us what we are lacking...size, grit, and lack of getting dirty or in front of the net.

We need guys like Tucker or Laraque...someone who isn't shy in staying infront of the net looking for those rebounds and screening the goalie during powerplays.

I doubt Laraque would leave Pittsburgh next year and Tucker has a ridiculous 2 or 3 yr deal with Toronto....does anyone know of any other player on the UFA who fits this role type?

We also need a D-man like Campbell....Streit does not play defense well...I'd sign him for at most 1.5 mil as a forward and a point man for the powerplay otherwise i'd let him walk and then I'd sign Campbell for 6.5 mil. (even if we sign streit I'd still sign Campbell).

We need a big strong Center: Since this years UFA centers are pretty weak...I'd sign Sergei Federov for 1-2 yrs not more than 2 mil a yr.

Right Wing: Marian Hossa (7 mil for 6 yrs) or Jaromir Jagr (6.5 mil for 2-3 yrs)

OUT: Smolinsky, Ryder, Dandenault (if we could trade him)

IN: Streit, Campbell, Federov, Hossa and a gritty forward.

I didn't check to see if it's possible to keep everyone under the cap and sign these UFA's but I believe we will have the funds to get them...with the departure of Ryder, Smolinsky, huet and possibly dandenault. + the cap will go up around 5 mil.

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote