View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 09:32 AM
LilWinger11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
I know its a dumb question, but it was a little detail that got me thinking. Does Koivu really fit with the team? Most of the young players (The Kostitsyns, Grabs, Plekanec) look up to Kovy and guys like Lapierre, Latendresse, etc.. aren't Koivu followers either.
I think it's probably got a lot to do with the fact that Saku is 32 years old, and a big percentage of this team is 26 and younger. Aside from hockey, they probably just don't have a whole lot in common. The older guys- Saku, Breezer, Smolinski, Kovy- also have families, and probably want to spend time with their kids when they're home, rather than going clubbing or to the movies or whatever. I don't think it means that they don't get along, necessarily, or even that the guys don't look up to Saku. I've heard Komi say more than once that they all do.

Add in the fact that these guys are from all over the world and have several different first languages, with varying degrees of comfort with English, and it doesn't surprise me that some of them seem more comfortable with certain teammates than others. I don't really get a vibe from any of them that they *dislike* each other.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote