View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 09:13 AM
MaKi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Leaving the free agent talk out of the equation for now, I think the only thing we need Breezer for is the PP. Unfortunately, I think we have limited options there.

Valentenko- play the point for the 'Dogs and will presumably do so in Montreal *eventually*. Even if he does make the team next season (I think he'll do what O'Byrne did this year, start in Hamilton and get called up at some point), I'm not sure Carbo will want a rookie playing the point on the PP. He also shoots L, although the one time I saw the 'Dogs play, IIRC he was playing the right point.

Komi- if we put him on the point, there absolutely has to be someone (Gui?) who will go to the net and try for rebounds, because Komi tends to either shoot at the goalie's crest or else miss the net by a good foot. I noticed there were times this season when Carbo was putting him on for the last :30 or so of power plays, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him on the second unit at some point.

Hamrlik- he shoots left, so not ideal for the right point, but not out of the question I suppose.

Kovalev- I think he's more effective down low

S. Kostitsyn- the usual drawbacks of having a forward, and a 21-year-old forward at that, play the point

Between Valentenko, Subban, and possibly McDonagh, I think we're going to be set on point men for awhile if we can get through the next season or two. Brisebois, or anyone else we signed in free agency, would just be a stopgap measure.
A Left hand shot on the right point is preferable for the powerplay.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote