View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 11:11 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob De Funes View Post
Although I don't believe everything I read in the papers, far from it, I love how some people think that this theory is complete bullcrap (difference from thinking that it should not be said or that it is not uncommon)when most people haven't been within 4 feet of both players, let alone at the same time, let alone more than once. Yeah, that Gagnon guy is a complete clueless guy, doesn't matter that he's privy to things most people are not.

For the record, I believe him. Doesn't change much anyway. So what if they don't like each other? If it becomes a huge problem, management will deal with it. But even if true, it wouldn't have been the reason the habs lost in all previous years (or at least not the only reason).
That's kind of where I stand. I think Kovalev played great hockey all year. I think that he made a few adjustments in how he moved the puck, how he moved without the puck rather than trying to do too much himself.

Using his teammates better turned him from a good player with exceptional skills, into an exceptional player. He seemed to revert back into trying to do too much himself in the post season. Maybe he wanted it a bit too much ? Maybe after a bad game or 2, he wasn't getting what he wanted from his linemates ? I don't know, chemistry seems to get up and leave for no apparent reason.

I don't think who he likes or doesn't like matters much.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote