View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Habnot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Really, the issue I have is that clearly Gagnon is grinding his axes.

Kovalev, for example, he cites how Kovalev was ignoring his teammates during the final weeks, but the only actual incident he gives is that Kovalev attended all the team dinners around Montreal because he had nothing better to do (isn't he married and wasn't his father visiting from Russia... and doesn't he own a plane? I mean how bored could he truly be if that was such a chore).

As many have stated, it's normal that Koivu not be a big friend of most his teammates, he's older. Same really goes for Kovalev, I might add, but he's received high praise all year as someone who mentored the young Russians.

I am sure this is all living in Gagnon's head, to be honest, but even if it isn't, I think he's making much a do about nothing.

Ultimately, Kovalev has to stay. He was the soul of the team this year.

Koivu showed he has a lot left in the tank during the playoffs too.

I would like to see the Habs go for a dominant #1 centre though and play with three scoring lines, transitioning Koivu in the next 2 years to the Yzerman late career role.
Agreed on the axe to grind. Kovy and Koivu will remain the whipping boys for some of the media no matter what.

Also, Gagnon is still on the Kovy hate watch after last year.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote