View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i hate arguing over these stupid trade proposals because it's all hypothetical, but you're undervaluing our prospects and players. which is no surprise because you are not as familiar with them.

any young top 4 defenseman signed to a relatively cheap long term deal is worth a bit more than his skill would warrent. throw in young nhl winger like dawes that has shown he can score, a very good young defenseman prospect in sanguinetti coming off a year he was one of the if not the best defenseman in his league, and a first rounder. not even considering prucha, that's a good return for a young superstar, and then consider he is in his contract year.

the only thing i see wrong with this is we aren't trading our best prospect or young player and i can see how that would effect trade discussions as those teams would surely ask for them.
The only way these guys move is if the teams are willing to trade them. I'm not saying the players in the package are horrible, but you're talking about a one-man wrecking crew in Gaborik (when he's on...5 goals in one game) and arguably the best sniper (in terms of shot deadliness) in Kovalchuk. Atlanta and Minnesota do NOT become better teams after the deal. In fact, Atlanta loses the only thing that actually let's them compete.
That being said, if both do not want to sign with the team (I don't know the whereabouts of Gaborik's contract), they WILL move, but be assured that a better offer will be on the table. Could it get one of them? Possibly under the right circumstances, but another team will overpay grossely for Kovy or Gaborik.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote