View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Turbo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
You know... in general, I think worrying about 9th defensemen or 4th and 5th line players is a waste of time and diverting energy away from working on the top two lines, and top 4 D..

...but....

I have a gut feeling that if the Smoke line would have ben our 4th line, and a third line could have been made of players tha were rugged occassional scorers, maybe this team would be 1 step infront of where they are now.

That said... Dandenault should be given the opportunity to make a differnce on another team that needs him. On the Habs, he is just not in the plans. Let him go.
I agree - these are pretty much the most cost effective ways to address team needs during the off-season.

Another top-4 D, hopefully with a good transition game, and some quality defensive forwards that can provide sandpaper for a 3rd line, preferably including a good depth center. I'm not sure where guys like Lapierre and Latendresse fit in this equation (that will depend on what they look like next year) but that line needs more than Dandenault and Streit, plus Lapierre may be better suited for wing if he can adapt to it. Chipchura will also be there but he should only be relied on to provide depth for now.

I know people would prefer a top-6 forward but I think the team already showed they can create chances and put the puck in the net most nights.

To answer the OP's question - Dandenault can be traded or bought out. I think he's done in Montreal. No need to try to get a lot for him either.

Last edited by Turbo: 05-05-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote