View Single Post
Old
05-05-2008, 10:39 PM
TheZherdev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Simply looking at the goal differential, a case can be made that this years "more defensive sytem" is less effective than the style we played in the past 2 years.

In 05-06 the GF was 250, GA 211
In 06-07 the GF was 233, GA also 211
In 07-07 the GF was 205, the Ga 190.

That is interesting because the Goal differential was worse with the more defensive system, which shows how much offense is sacrificed for a few less goals against.

Why play a boring style when the more exciting style has worked and can be argued to be more effective? Just based on goal differential, the more offensive style is better than the more defensive style.

I dont know why we played more defensively last year, maybe Drury and Gomez signings had something to do with it, but Drury thrived in Buffalo's more offensive system and Gomez has proven he can put up the points either way.

If your personel dictates one thing, why go the opposite way? I think Hank is good enough so we can play a more offensively minded game.
Actually if you recall the rangers were in the running for the jennings trophy that year. I believe they let in the 4th least goals allowed that year. I really do think the rangers with all the speed and grit they have now should go back to that hard forchecking game they had that year. I think Renney was too mesmerized by the devils trap in 05-06 that he wanted one for himself.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote