View Single Post
Old
05-06-2008, 08:30 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
I think if an elite player or two are there, and you can get rid of some of the deadwood or guys who havent quite measured up you sign them.

Of course the cap could be an issue... but i feel if Avery is resigned for the right price none of that should matter with the cap going up.

BUT it has to be done correctly. You cant put all of your eggs in one basket, so if you can sign one player, either a legit scoring threat or elite defensman, though trade or free agency do it so it doesnt coincide with the Gomez and Drury contracts - and thats difficult.

I want more youth, but veteran youth. Shanahan, Straka and Jagr, thats around 12-14 million off the cap. That enough to get one legit piece and 2 more solid pieces if you get creative.

Do NOT resign Rozsival. I think Mara should stay and i think since his offensive numbers have dropped he may in fact come cheaper if Sather can work some magic.

I my mind the Rangers need more size on the wing to go with Dubinsky and Drury. I think Tyutin can be traded. I think Prucha can be traded. Would love to trade Backman, but one is going to take a 3mil+ contract for a guy that was sat in the 2 biggest playoff games of the prior year.

Malik - bye bye.

I think we are at the point were youth will still be coming up, but there also needs to be some 1 year deals on the wing that can spell some time before Cherepanov comes up.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote