View Single Post
Old
05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm really not sure there are two elite players to sign.
And that is the problem.

If they are there, for the right price, gobble them up. But there will most likely be a bidding war for Hossa and Campbell and you really dont want to get into that because you busted the bank last July.

I really dont want to sign Hossa anyway, Campbell definitely if you can get him.

I think this offseason Sather is going to have to get creative and trade guys like Prucha and Tyutin for bigger wingers, grit on the backline, and possibly a scorer if you can get them. Trade for guys with 1 or 2 years left on their contracts. Some teams might be willing to let some pieces go, especially if they are due for FA the following year.

Problem is we don't usually see Sather get creative, and he doesnt go out of his comfort zone. We always see him dealing with the same teams.

This is going to be a hard working summer for Slats. I'm worried hes going to make some questionable or "easy way out" decisions, especially if he can't get Jagr to sign. We might see him overpay for a few players, including Avery and Rozsival (please, no!) which is not good for the future of this team.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote