View Single Post
Old
05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Fataldogg

vCash: 500
Try to bring back the same team with a few minor tweaks. We weren't that far off from a Cup this year in my humble opinion. With Lundqvist we are good in net for a LONG time. Offensively, we need to let go of Brendan (sorry Shanny) and find a more mobile winger with a scoring touch (Ryder, Malone) to play with Gomez. Basically, we need a winger on the second line who can put up 30+ goals with Gomez as the playmaker. Re-signing Jagr to play with Dubinsky will further ensure a good first line (and Dubinsky further developing and gaining more confidence). Give Prucha a little more ice time this year (sorry, I know everyone loves the new young kids but we already had a kid who had 52 goals in his first two seasons, he still has a ton of potential in my eyes). We just forgot about him and I HATE THAT more than anything else in the organization. The Rangers are the only team that will punish a player for scoring 52 goals in his two debut seasons. Instead, lets place this less mobile forward (Shanny) on the PP to stay absolutely stationary and hope Gomez feeds him for the perfect pass. Prucha was amazing on the PP with Jagr in 05-06 and 06-07.

We need to sign a true QB on the PP and sign one shut down defenseman. Marc Staal will develop even more next year. All of that and we'll have the Cup. Guaranteed, we were just missing a few essential tools and the Penguins made us pay for it this year.

It also wouldn't hurt to get a new specialty team coach.

Why is rebuilding even a choice? There is nothing to rebuild, thats just for people who want more kids in the lineup. We have made the playoffs the last three years and the second round the last two. Nothing to rebuild there. Just missing a few things from putting us over the edge.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote