View Single Post
Old
05-06-2008, 11:58 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Jagr at 5 mill for 1 year.

I'm not a fan of his, and I think his time in NY is done. He's not going to get any better from here on out, and he has to have everything a certain way for him to produce. This year, their system was a bit more stiff, and he only hit 25 goals and 70 points because of a late season surge. He was money in the playoffs, leading all scorers at the time of his exit with 15 points in 9 games, but if he has hold back in the regular season to save for the playoffs in order to be effective, I'd rather go out and sign Marian Hossa.

At least with Hossa, we aren't going to have to have our power play work through one player, and Hossa is FAR BETTER in his own end, is just as strong on the puck, and is faster. This team started to move in a different direction this year, and I think they should continue it.

Let Jagr, Straka, Shanahan, Malik, and Mara go. Trade Backman, and demote Hollweg. Eventually Jagr is going to have to retire... let's just face it and move on now. We have a great young core to work with.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote