View Single Post
Old
05-07-2008, 08:26 AM
nyrage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Makes me wonder why Jagr has made so many comitments, he want's to play here two more years, he promised Omsk he would play for them, his Dad is building and opening a new arena.
Why did Jagr promise this russian guy he would play for Omsk in the 1st place??? I really think this goes way deeper than most of us reliaze, I would am fairly certain Jagr's love for omsk isn't love but more along the lines of him being strong armed for some of his past gambling debts, which were way out of control 5 or 6 years ago.
His dad's arena won't be ready for a couple of years. I guess it's a matter of if and when he would like to return to Omsk.

Another, more powerful European draw: Jagr revealed yesterday that his father, who also is named Jaromir, has requested that he return home to play in his native Kladno, Czech Republic, for the 2010-11 season. That is when Jagr's father plans to open a new arena in Kladno.

"I don't think I would sign longer than two years - just because of my dad," Jagr said. "He asked me to come home. He did. In two years. He wants me to come back. He's helping to build a new arena there and he wants me to be there.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho..._broadway.html

nyrage is offline   Reply With Quote