View Single Post
Old
05-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Nitehowl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Funny cause I was just working on the season end top 20 article for my site and was thinking what I should do with him. I left him out of the rankings due to him turning 24, with 6 years in the rsl under his belt. That said he's exploded the last two years, if you look at what he did with AK Bars, he was often on the 4th pairing, had injuries troubles and was even put on reserve during the nhl lockout when several nhlers flocked to the rsl. In 3 years he had 15 pts, in the last 2 years with CSKA he's had some 45 points.

Clearly you are much, higher on him then me. There's no doubt in my mind that Pacioretty is our top prospect. There's no way I would rank Korneev as our top prospect and I wouldn't rank him as our top D prospect as I would think that Korneev would have the same type of troubles Streit has in his own end, a lack of strength would be a problem. But I am going off what I saw when he was with AK Bars, and I am in no way comparing him to Streit, and I'm just guessing how he would translate in the more physical NA game.

Frankly I am more excited about guys like Subban, O'Byrne and McDonagh because these guys already have the physical skills (skating/speed/strength/checking) and there's hope that they will continue to improve. Korneev has better puck skills but the question is how would he handle the physical game, trying to clear the crease, contain his man along the boards, etc...

Would be cool to see him come over if Gainey can work it out. Always wondered why we never heard anything about Korneev in the media, any word if the Habs had ever tried to get him to come over or if the team was even interested in him.

Thank You for your site. The thing I really like is the pictures of these prospects in their junior or college uni. Now if it was updated more often

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote