Old
05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
also how about Mike York...@ 31 he still has the Prucha style speed/ all around smarts on the puck. Very underrated player that still has it.
Unfortunately, he also has Prucha's stats.

Quote:
I say sign Avery, Roszival, and Mara and trade them out west so they don't compete against the Rangers and then get a pair of 2 or 3rd picks for them.
That's is not even close to realistic. Besides, if you ever did manage to pull that off
be prepared for no free agent to ever sign here again.

Quote:
Oh...and before anybody tells me about a dozen reasons why Greg Moore doesn't belong on a line w/ Gomez or Dubinsky do please remember that the guy has leadership/ grit and a fine 1st showing filling in for an injured Jagr earlier this season
Because he hasn't proven anything in this league and the idea is to upgrade the those lines.

Quote:
...No he isn't a scoring winger
That's the other reason.

but neither is Avery and Avery wants 3(no...make that 4 Mill/yr..***) I like avery but in my eyes he was the proverbial bottled lightning the big $ contracts go to players that stay healthy and he couldn't even crack 60 games this regular season let alone 80... Moore w/ increased responsibilities could easily crack 10-15 goals and play a physical presence on any line...He is smart w/ the puck on the defensive side and can at the very least pass the puck...instead of getting guys who have "name" recognition" I'd like to see the team get a pair of leading dmen and let the forwards battle for spots...

Quote:
This is a good enough team to make the playoffs
No, it really isn't.

Quote:
unless somebody is banking on a huge breakout from Joni Pitkanen and wants to pay him his 4.5-5 million.
He's not a free agent.