View Single Post
Old
05-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Why wouldn't he? He raves about the organization and how they treat players. He's going to want to go to a team that can win a Cup. And the Rangers are that team (this time).
He's also suing the Rangers for bonus money that they didn't pay him, and still refuse to pay him. Dunno, honestly I don't see a big point in Holik, and he's not going to come super cheap either. He still seems too slow for the Rangers, who like guys who can skate on their top lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Anisimov will ultimately play center. His game is far better suited for it than for playing wing. Whether he has to spend some time at wing before he gets a spot there remains to be seen.

Korpikoski's natural position is wing, so there will be no issue with him playing there whatsoever. Still, the added flexibility he offers by being able to play all three positions makes him extremely valuable.

Honestly, I think Dubi is better better suited to be moved to wing than either Drury or Anisimov. But we'll have to wait and see how things work out -- this likely isn't a question that will need to be answered at the start of next season, because Anisimov is very likely to spend at least part of next season in Hartford. One thing's for sure, there's no such thing as "too deep" at center.
Pretty much. Anisimov really seems more like a center than a winger, and Korpikoski is actually already a winger. Dubinsky is probably more suited for wing than Anisimov, but I'm not sure about compared to Drury...

In any case, I think this is pretty premature, because Squishy is probably right in that Anisimov is going to need at least part of another year in the AHL.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote