View Single Post
Old
05-07-2008, 10:42 AM
TomLaidlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Chris Chelios is still playing isn't he?

That's the only way I'd allow him back on the team. He was cooked by playoff time this year. Using him for about 5 minutes ES and then on the PP & PK would be the best scenario.

I am starting to think Shanny has a large majority of our fanbase hypnotized, there is really no other logical explanation for this. Why in gods name are we trying to force Shanny onto next years roster? At even strength Shanny has no spot in this lineup. How awful was our PP this year? So Shanny wasn't exactly helping in that department either. I've never seen such an illogical attachment to a player who is so obviously done. At least with Messier the majority of Ranger fans were able to acknowledge he was done at the end. Shanny was gruesome in the Buffalo series last year. This year he pulls another dissapearing act and everyone is trying to figure out creative ways to force him onto next years team. How about we stop trying to create a perfect scenario for Shanny to succeed in at the expense of the team and just let him leave.

Shanny - 10 Playoff Games (Played with our best playmaking center at even strength and had significant PP time in every game) = 1 Goal

Korpedo - 1 Playoff Game (playing with Hollweg and Sjostrom) = 1 Goal

Everyone tries to create excuses for Shanny, he needs mroe rest, he is playing with a bad knee, he shouldn't be on the 2nd line. How about the guy is just old and time has caught up to him and it is time we parted ways.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote