View Single Post
Old
05-07-2008, 04:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Fail to see how these are antics. Antics are foolish/amusing behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubinsky4Calder08 View Post
What would this be? Lets see. Ryan Hollweg playing games 4-5 after being a major part of loosing game three.
OK, I'll bite. Who was supposed to play?

Quote:
Playing a awful Christan Backman who has been exposed as a huge defensive liability since the second he dawned a Rangers uni.
Backman was one of the better defensemen down the stretch. And Renney made a change. Rather have had Strudwick or Malik?

Quote:
Keeping Shannahan on a second line with Gomez despite him not being able to play as many minutes as Gomez or being able to keep up with Gomez and essentially dragging down the entire second line.
Who was supposed to play there?

Quote:
He will scratch Prucha for 10 and 12 game streches during the Regular Season but let Hollweg play in his place despite doing nothing but taking penalties, especially when we were in such a scoring drought mid season.
So you would have put Prucha on the 4th line? A line that Renney used as a checking line during the regular season. I can't really see Petr Prucha and his 7 goals playing on the fourth line to be the offensive catalyst this team needed.

Quote:
Its so bush league. He has no idea what he is doing.
No other coach in the Eastern conference has made the playoffs every season since the lockout. And only two other teams have made the playoffs every year (the Devs and Sens). We should all be so clueless.

Quote:
And I feel like some of you are taking this out of context. To I think Melrose would be the best choice for a coach? No. Do I want him to coach the Rangers? Not really sure, however I do know that Renney is not the man for the job for every reason listed.
I'm not taking anything out of context. You said, and I quote, Am I the only one who thinks it would be great to have him coach the Rangers instead of Renney? But rather than explaining why you think Melrose would do a better job (and not just "he has a lot of hockey knowledge" and "He sees things others do not" which, as I said before, are vague and dubious statements.)

Quote:
Im tired of watching him sit there and keep his cool. Suter *****ed after game 1 of the series and I do believe he benefited from it the rest of the way with the officiating.
Sutter's team lost the series. And I was never more proud than seeing a cool, calm and collected Renney talking compared Sutter's Walter Mondale imitation.

Quote:
Renney never does anything. I dont care who you are or what you do, every once in a while a team will just need some one to light a fire under their ass and Tom Renney is to cool calm and collected to do it for them.
I would have thought that is the job of the players.