View Single Post
Old
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
I would think that the choice would realistically be two players, three at the most. The two that I think would be the most realistic would be Byers and one of either Baranka or Sauer. The third would be Korpikoski.

I would like to see the trend of adding one of the younger defensemen to the core of Staal, Girardi & Tyutin. If it is not Baranka's time next year, then I don't know when it will be. However, he would have to be better than Saur and both would have to show enough in camp to show that they are good enough.

Byers is the next choice, especially if he can get somewhat bigger. He showed enough of skill for what will be his role, a bottom-six forward. Byers becomes more of a choice if Hollweg is not around. Byers can be a young Holstrom if all things broke right. Except he has more of mean streak. If he gains more size, he can be a realistic choice for the bottom two lines.

Korpikoski could be a choice also. However, I think that he would be much more better off working on his offensive game in Hartford for another year or so. If he can show enough improvement, he could be a mid-year call up.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote